Sliding Glass Door Repair Near Chicago, IL
Don't Replace... Repair!
Sliding glass doors allow natural light into your home and give you direct access to outdoor living spaces like patios and decks. The sliding mechanism makes opening these large doors convenient to blend your indoor and outdoor living spaces during nice weather and allow people to easily move from one space to the other. However, repeated use can lead to wear and tear or damage to the frame, opening mechanism, or glass. Damage or wear and tear to your sliding glass door does not always necessitate a replacement. It is possible for our professionals at Arax to repair damage to the sliding glass door and restore its function.
At Arax Windows Work, we provide sliding glass door repair for homes in the Chicago area. We can repair any problem you may have with your sliding glass door including opening mechanism repair, rotted wood repair and replacement, and glass replacement. You can expect a complete restoration of the function and appearance of your sliding glass door without the need to replace the entire door.
Common Issues with Sliding Glass Doors
Sliding glass doors are vulnerable to a number of issues such as damage to the glass or mechanism and damage or rotting to the frame. If you notice any issue with your sliding glass door, you need to have the door repaired immediately to ensure its function and security and prevent water leaks and other problems that can result.
The following are the main issues you may encounter with your sliding glass door:
- Broken glass: Cracks in the glass or a poor seal around the glass can lead to water and air leaks. The glass may also become foggy, which affects its appearance and the amount of natural light coming into your home.
- Frame damage and wood rotting: The frames for sliding glass doors are typically made from vinyl, aluminum, or wood, and each type of frame can become damaged over time. Wooden door frames can rot due to exposure to water or mold.
Sliding Glass Door Repair from Arax
No matter what problem you are having with your sliding glass door, our professionals at Arax Windows Work can provide cost-effective repair services. We can repair or replace damaged glass and door frames and fix issues with the opening mechanism to ensure smooth operation. We use only the best available materials for repairs so you can expect quality work.
Our sliding glass door repair services include the following:
- Glass replacement: We offer glass replacement for broken, cracked, chipped, or foggy glass. Our options include insulated glass, double-panel glass, low emissivity glass, or annealed glass replacements.
- Rotted wood frame repair: We can repair wood door frames for sliding glass doors and replace rotted wood. Whether repairing damaged parts or replacing the entire wood door frame, we’ll deliver exceptional results.
- Patio door hardware repair: With frequent use, patio door hardware like handles, locks, tracks, and rollers may suffer damage. Our team can efficiently repair or replace any damaged hardware components.
- Sliding mechanism repair: We specialize in diagnosing and resolving any sliding mechanism issues, including thorough cleaning, effective lubrication, and expert roller repair or replacement. Additionally, we can repair damage to the track to ensure seamless operation.
Replacing Broken Sliding Door Glass
The glass pane is the main part of a sliding glass door that gives it its sparkly aesthetic and allows natural light to pour into your home. If the glass on your sliding door becomes damaged, it can be replaced without having to replace the entire sliding door. Our professionals provide expert glass replacement services for sliding glass doors that include the following steps:
- Remove the trim: We start by carefully removing the trim around the glass to remove the glass from the frame.
- Glass removal: The entire glass pane is removed, and we will remove any glass left stuck in the frame.
- New glass We measure the frame to get a new glass pane that fits your sliding door. We offer insulated glass, double-panel glass, low emissivity glass, and annealed glass replacements.
- Glass installation: We carefully install the new glass frame and apply a new seal around the edges.
- Replace the trim: After the glass is installed, we replace the trim to secure the glass in place.
Commercial Glass Replacement and Repair from Arax
The windows and glass doors of your commercial building contribute to the aesthetic, safety, and comfort for your customers, employees, and guests. You can trust our professionals at Arax Windows Work to provide quality, cost-effective commercial glass repair and replacement using the best available materials. We will ensure that your building is secure and looking its best with sparkly windows.
You can call Arax Windows Work at (815) 230-1890 for commercial glass repair and replacement services in the Chicago suburbs.