Window Hardware Replacement near Chicago, IL
Hardware Repair & Replacement
Don't Replace... Repair!
Window Hardware Replacement
All windows have hardware such as handles, hinges, cranks, latches, locks, and balancers that allow the mechanism and locking system of the window to function. The hardware can be made from many different materials and may be simple or ornate in style. Damaged or dysfunctional window hardware can not only affect the mechanism, but also jeopardize your security by preventing the windows from shutting and locking.
At Arax Windows Work, we provide hardware replacement and repair services and window mechanism repair for all types of windows in the Chicago area. Our professionals can replace broken or dysfunctional components to ensure that the window mechanism works smoothly, and that the locking system keeps your windows secure. We can help find quality replacement parts that improve the function of your windows while preserving their character.
Professional Window Hardware Replacement and Repair in Chicago, IL
If there is a problem with the hardware on your windows that is affecting the mechanism or locking system, call our professionals at Arax Windows Work. Our professionals will identify the problem with your windows, including the damaged hardware, and repair or replace the parts to restore functionality to your windows. For replacement hardware, we will find new parts that match the current hardware on your windows.
If the mechanism is affected by damaged hardware, we can usually repair or replace the faulty parts instead of replacing the entire mechanism. Whether your windows use a spring or crank mechanism, you can count on our professionals to provide effective window mechanism repair to have them functioning smoothly once again.
Issues With Window Hardware
Window hardware can become an issue if it is rusted, broken, stuck, or out of alignment. Rusting and sticking can happen over time and there are a number of reasons hardware can become broken or loose. When there is an issue with the hardware, it can affect the opening and closing mechanism as well as the locking system. Troublesome window hardware should be repaired or replaced right away.
The following are the most common issues that can occur with window hardware:
- Worn or damaged locks: Window locks are important for security, but they cannot effectively lock your windows if they become rusted or damaged.
- Damaged or faulty cranks: The cranks used for windows with crank mechanisms can become damaged and make it difficult to open and shut the windows. In many cases, the crank itself can be repaired or replaced with no need to replace the entire cranking mechanism.
- Jammed windows: If a window is jammed or stuck, the reason is most likely damaged or misaligned tracks. The faulty hardware will need to be repaired or replaced to restore function to the window.
- Damaged springs: The springs in a window help with the raising and lowering of window sashes and if they are damaged, it can affect the function and balance of your window.
- Damaged or bent hinges: The hinges help aid the movement of the windows and if they become damaged or bent, the window will not close properly.
Window Hardware Replacement and Repair from Arax
If there is a problem with your windows caused by damaged or faulty hardware, it is important to correctly identify the specific hardware causing the problem. Our professionals at Arax Windows Work can diagnose problems caused by faulty window hardware and either repair the parts or replace them with new high-quality hardware. We will restore the smooth function and security of your windows.
Give us a call at (815) 230-1890 for more about our window hardware replacement and repair services in the Chicago suburbs.